Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Ashley Young on Villa, Giggs, Pogba and much more..

Friday, April 13, 2012


YOUNG RELISHING REUNION

Ashley Young insists there will be no extra edge about facing his former club Aston Villa on Sunday.

The in-form winger is convinced Alex McLeish's side will have no problem avoiding relegation, even if he is determined to ensure they leave Old Trafford pointless at the weekend.

It is the second time that Young has faced his old employers since leaving the club in the summer of 2011 after playing his part in a 1-0 triumph at Villa Park in December.

"I always look out for Villa's results," he told United Review. "I enjoyed my four and a half years there and keep in touch with a lot of the people there. I exchanged a couple of messages with some of the lads last week - I was trying to find out their team!

"There won't be any extra edge for me because it's against my old team - I'll just be trying to put in another good performance and help us get three points."

When asked if the Midlanders can get out of trouble at the wrong end of the table, he replied: "I hope so. It's so tough at this stage because every team is fighting for something but, if they can get some good results at home, they'll have a great chance.

"We got dragged into a bit of a relegation battle when I was there last season, but we had a good team spirit and got ourselves clear of it and finished ninth in the end. I'm sure they have the squad and team spirit to survive."

More: Scholes back on Sunday | Sir Alex urges perspective


GIGGS ANSWERS THE FANS

Ryan Giggs responded to questions from the Red Army in the latest issue of United Review..

Which opposition player has stood out for you this season? (Max Singer)
Robin van Persie. In a team that hasn't always been performing to its maximum, he's been brilliant. He's produced so many goals, and important ones as well. You really have to hand it to him.

How does it feel when some of the referees are younger than you? (Ellen Graham)
[laughs and then mocks outrage] Who sent that one in? I want their name and address! Honestly... what can I say to that? Actually, to be fair, I quite enjoy having a referee who's a similar age to me. It makes it easier to talk to them. Referees make a lot of decisions in a game - most of them they get right, but they're also going to get the odd one wrong. When they do, it's nice if you can chat to him and ask him why he's made a particular decision.

Your career is full of highlights, but what's been the lowest moment? (Andy Mutch)
Two stand out for me: when we lost the league to Leeds in 1991/92 and the Champions League final in Rome in 2009. I still remember how bad it felt after we'd lost at Upton Park and then at Anfield in 1992. It was horrible to come so close and lose out. The Champions League final in Rome was worse than last year's at Wembley for me, simply because we just didn't turn up in Rome. It was a massive missed opportunity for us to win back-to-back Champions League trophies.

More: Giggs expects response | Ruud savours Red years


PAUL POGBA IN PROFILE

United's French youngster was in the spotlight on MUTV's Thursday Focus this week...

First kicked a ball..
I think I was three or four.

Signed for United..
I joined United two years ago.

Who are your idols in football?
The first time was Ronaldo, the Brazilian. After that, it was Zinedine Zidane and Patrick Vieira.

Why?
Because they are great and just enjoyed football as well. They are great players and, for me, they are legends.

What are your strengths?
Not many tall players can be skilful with their feet. I think that's my strongest point.

What has been your career highlight?
I think it was signing for Manchester United. Definitely, because it was a dream for me.

What are your aims for your career?
To be a regular first-team player, a top player for Manchester United and become a legend here like Eric Cantona hopefully.

Who is your best friend in football?
Everyone really. I get on with everyone. John Cofie, all the team, we just laugh together - even the first team sometimes. Everyone - they are all my friends.

Why do you love football?
The atmosphere and the big games. I love big games because you play against big players as well and have to show them who is the best on the pitch. I just want to be better than them.

More: Player of the Year voting | Young Reds aim for final 

 

This email was sent by:Manchester United
Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0RA, United Kingdom. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive the MU Foundation newsletter directly in future. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment