Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Rooney stays! Podcast, video, wallpaper + more

Friday, October 22, 2010

header


WAYNE: I'M DELIGHTED TO BE STAYING

Shortly after agreeing a new five-year contract with United, Wayne Rooney sat down with MUTV to discuss his big decision...

How are you feeling?
I’m delighted. There has been a bit of controversy over the timing of it all. But I’m delighted it’s finally signed. Hopefully I can move on and get myself fit again.

What have the last few days been like?
It’s been difficult for me and for the club. I felt I had to get my point across and we finally came to an agreement which I think is best for me and for the club.

A while ago, you had discussions with David Gill about leaving United. Can you explain your feelings and how things have changed?
As a player here at United I care for the club. I had some concerns and I made the manager and David Gill aware of that. It went on from there and it didn’t really move forward in terms of contract talks. Then in the last few days that was all made public knowledge, which made it more difficult. We felt – myself and the club – that we had to move quickly to sort it out. I’ve spoken with the manager, David Gill and the owners and all of them have confirmed to me that this is the right club for me to be at, and that the club is going to continue to be successful and win things. I had other things I wanted to air as well, but I was happy to move forward and sign the deal.

More: Read the full interview | Download new ManUtd.com podcast 

Download your free Wayne Rooney wallpaper


TALKING POINT: ROONEY'S U-TURN

United fans flocked to ManUtd.com's message board to comment on Wayne Rooney’s decision to stay. Here's a selection of posts...

What great news! Wayne must have been given assurances over new players etc. I hope he goes on to be a legend. Now let's get back to being United!
Stanley Jones

I'm shocked, but I have to say I’m happy about it, even though he put us through a lot over this last week. I bet he will play his backside off now, showing the fans what a great player he is. Thank you Sir Alex, I know you did everything you could to make him stay. I forgive Rooney and I think everybody else should too. It may take some time for some fans but he is a United player and we should support him.
me 23

This is great news! I take my hat off to him. I said a few harsh things about him but fair play to Wayne Rooney for staying. This is a great club and as for Sir Alex - what a man for sorting all this out! He is without a doubt the best manager in the world. Now get out there, Wayne, and win back our silverware!
morty1

We have just signed a world class player! It shows United have the muscle when they need it. In Sir Alex Ferguson I trust.
Frank1975

More: Sir Alex delighted by Rooney decision | Ex-Reds thrilled | Club statement

Red View video - Wayne Rooney in action


SMALLING HUNGRY FOR MORE

Chris Smalling hopes he’s forced his way into Sir Alex Ferguson’s domestic plans after another impressive performance in the Champions League.

The 20-year-old barely broke sweat as he partnered Nemanja Vidic in the heart of United's defence during Wednesday's 1-0 win over Bursaspor. And with the Reds facing 10 games in all competitions over the next five weeks, the former Fulham defender senses an opportunity for more valuable game-time.

“It’s great to start getting some games and now I just need to play more – that’s the next step for me,” Smalling told MUTV. “We have some cup competitions coming up but I’m also hoping for some chances in the league. We are playing two games a week at the minute and I definitely want to be involved in my fair share of them.”

The Londoner may have to bide his time as Sir Alex has already confirmed Rio Ferdinand will return to the side for Sunday’s trip to the Britannia Stadium, where United will face a stern examination against physical Stoke.

Smalling continued: “Stoke is not an easy place to go – I remember playing there last year with Fulham and it was pretty intimidating. They have a different style of football but that’s just something we have to deal with, and I think we have more than enough to cope. It’s crucial for us to win to keep up with the leading pack.”

More: Rio back, Rooney out | Evra still positive | Rafael - "I love crisps"

Match Pack - Stoke City v United

This email has been sent to you by ManUtd.com, Manchester United, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA, England. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive Red View directly from next week. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment