Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Bebe interview, Chicharito video, Chris Smalling Q and A + more

Friday, November 5, 2010

header


SCHOLES: WOLVES COULD HURT US

Paul Scholes is expecting Wolves to attack United at Old Trafford on Saturday, just as they did in last week's Carling Cup encounter.

The Reds beat Mick McCarthy’s side 3-2 but had to work hard for the victory against an extremely resilient outfit. Although Scholes did not feature in that match, he is fully aware of the threat that Wolves pose and is anticipating an equally positive approach from the visitors.

“I know they haven’t had the best of starts this season but they’ve got players who can hurt you,” Scholes said.

“They showed they are capable of scoring goals at Old Trafford, they managed two, and I’m sure they’ll have a go on Saturday as well.”

The 35-year-old Reds midfielder also shrugged off suggestions that Wolves are an overly aggressive side, claiming that teams simply employ different styles of play.

“There are some teams that might not play the most attractive football but you have to find a way of winning games,” Scholes added.

“Their managers want to get the best out of them and find the best way of winning games and they do it their own way. It’s up to us to be able to play against that and find a way of winning.”

More: O'Shea on alert | Nani out |  Rooney off to US | New ManUtd.com podcast

Match Pack - United v Wolves


BEBE'S FIRST STEPS

United's summer signing from Portugal raised his profile again this week when he scored in the Champions League against Bursaspor. But how much do you really know about Bebe? If the answer's 'not much' then read on...

How would you describe yourself?
I am a humble person. When United signed me, it was because they believed in me; give me some time and I will provide goals for the club and show the fans it was worthwhile signing me.

Can you tell us a little bit about your early life?
The streets that I come from on the outskirts of Lisbon are very poor – I had nothing. But I am a good person in general and I want to show people that I can fight all the adversities I have had in my life. That’s why I am here.

Did you ever live on the street or is this a myth?
No, this is not true, I have never lived on the street. I had a lot of difficulties in my childhood and I had to go into a home when I was nine years old [this was the Caso Do Gaiato institution, which provides a home for children whose parents or guardians are unable to look after them]. Before that I was living with my grandmother, but there were four of us brothers living with her and she had no means to care for us all. That is why I had to go into the home. I lived there until I was 20 – when I left, it was to come here to Manchester.

Where did you learn to play football?
When I was young, at first I preferred playing basketball, but my older brother played football. I watched his matches and became interested in football. I started playing for my first proper team when I was 12 or 13. I started playing for the Estrela da Amadora [Portuguese Third Division side] junior team, and I was the best goalscorer and player, so the manager put me in the first team.

From Amadora you joined Vitoria de Guimaraes, and soon after that United came knocking...
Yes, I was playing for Guimaraes in pre-season, and in all the matches I was playing well and scoring goals. Suddenly Jorge Mendes [Bebe’s agent] told me about the deal. I was very happy at the time, I didn’t expect it. It was like a dream to me. Everybody dreams to come to United.

Look out for the full Bebe Q&A on ManUtd.com next Thursday.

More: The goal belongs to Bebe | Bursaspor 0-3 United match report 

Red View video - Chicharito, Player of the Month


SMALLING'S A GOOD SPORT

Football isn't the only game Chris Smalling enjoys or excels at…

What other sports are you interested in?
I like golf, although I’m not as good as some of the boys here. I’m a big tennis fan, too. I went to Wimbledon a few years ago and had a great day. I like table-tennis, too - there’s a competition between the lads and I’m ready for any challenger. I was a national judo champion when I was younger. I started when I was about six or seven and quit just before I joined Fulham. I’ve got medals somewhere.

Which TV shows and music do you like?
I like watching The Inbetweeners and Entourage. When I was away with the England U21s in Romania we were all trying to download The Inbetweeners . It’s one of the funniest things on TV. Music-wise, it's usually R&B. I like Jay-Z and Kanye West, and Tinchy Stryder has done good stuff.

Who are you closest to in the squad?
I get on well with everyone, but I’ll say it’s probably Wes Brown, Kiko Macheda and Jonny Evans.

Who’s the toughest player to face in training?
I’d say Nani. He’s not the biggest, but he’s strong on the ball and quick – two qualities centre-backs hate.

More: Read Chris's profile on ManUtd.com | Vidic sings Smalling's praises

1967 League Champions wallpaper

This email has been sent to you by ManUtd.com, Manchester United, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA, England. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive Red View directly from next week. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment