Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Sir Alex's pride, strike it rich video, Nani Q&A and much more

Friday, August 26, 2011


BOSS FULL OF PRIDE

Sir Alex is proud of the fact that United could have as many as eight representatives in Fabio Capello's England squad this weekend.

Rio Ferdinand, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young and Wayne Rooney are all in contention for call-ups.

"It's not a problem for us," explained the boss. "It's fantastic. We've produced more players for England than any other club in the world and we're pleased for the players because they deserve to be there. They're outstanding so we're all pleased."

However, the manager has tempered expectations of the youngsters. "Well, they've only played a couple of games," he explained. "They have potential and we're very enthusiastic about that potential and hopeful they can fulfil it. But the name of the game is what they achieve.

"There's a long way to go and some of their form may taper off and that's when the squad comes into play. But, at the moment, they're doing very, very well so I have to let that carry on."

More: Fletcher could face Gunners | Boss' Wenger sympathy


EVANS FIRES GUNNERS WARNING

Jonny Evans has warned against under-estimating Arsenal ahead of Sunday's Old Trafford meeting with Arsene Wenger's side.

Although the Gunners arrive in Manchester without offloaded duo Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas, nursing injuries to key personnel, such as Jack Wilshere, and contending with a number of suspensions, it would be foolish to write off a team that rallied to win at Udinese in midweek.

With United's own youngsters impressing after being thrown into the deep end, the Northern Ireland defender is fearful of a similar situation arising under Wenger's expert tutelage.

"I think it's going to be a much more difficult game than everyone is thinking," Evans told ManUtd.com. "Arsenal are a fantastic team and no matter who plays for them, Arsene Wenger has got unbelievable ability to bring through young lads.

"I know they've got a lot if suspensions but the lads who come in will be so well integrated into how the Arsenal system works. Arsenal do have a distinct style of play that they very rarely change from so I think that helps. When they come through the Arsenal youth or reserve teams, they know exactly how to play.

"He's still got a big squad there. Obviously they've lost two great players in Nasri and Fabregas but they've got great strength in depth in their squad."

 More: The Gossip | Chris Smalling webchat


NANI FANS' Q&A 

Wing wizard Nani answers some supporters' questions exclusively for Red View.

Who is your best mate at Manchester United?
When Ronny [Cristiano Ronaldo] was here, him. I went to his house, we lived together for a while. We spent a lot of time together, with Anderson too, so he has been my best friend here. At the moment, I think everyone is the same. I get on well with everyone. Maybe I speak more sometimes with the Spanish-speaking ones like Antonio [Valencia], Chicharito, Patrice [Evra], Anderson. But I still speak with everyone. My English is not, very, very good. Sometimes it's not easy to speak quickly. I am involved with everyone. I don't have a special one to say we are best friends.

Have you set yourself a goals tally for the season?
No, no, no. My target is do much better than last season. If I do that, then I would be very happy and I think everybody will be happy as well. I'll try! I'll work hard every day and see how the season goes.

You're a skilful player: what's the best bit of skill you've ever seen on a football pitch?
I don't have one in particular, I appreciate every single skill. I love it when the striker or winger does the skill and makes the defender confused, so he doesn't know where to go. When I'm on the pitch, that's what I try to do: go left, then right, then left. Then after the skill I try to finish with something positive - pass or score.

What sort of music do you listen to and who's your favourite artist?
Honestly, everything. It depends on the moment and the feeling. I like everything. Before a game I go for something more exciting like R&B. Patrice puts nice music on in the dressing room.

More: Diouf's first-team dream | Reds discover Euro rivals

 

This email was sent by:Manchester United
Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0RA, United Kingdom. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive the MU Foundation newsletter directly in future. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment