Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Chicharito interview, Evra video, Van Persie wallpaper + more

Friday, January 11, 2013


CHICHARITO: WE ALL WANT TO PLAY ON SUNDAY

Javier Hernandez believes that any player in the world would want to be a part of Sunday’s showdown between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford.

The arch-rivals go head-to-head at 13:30 GMT this Sunday and Chicharito is well aware of the history and tradition of the fixture. 

“It’s a derby game and these two teams have won the most titles in England,” says Chicharito in an exclusive interview with United Review for Sunday’s game. “It’s a match you want to be involved in. Every player wants to play on Sunday – any player in the world would want to be a part of it.”

The Mexican forward's first appearance against Liverpool was as a starter in the 1-0 FA Cup third round win in January 2011. And with doubts remaining over the fitness of Wayne Rooney, Hernandez could find a place in the first eleven again this weekend.

Chicharito has scored twice in five appearances against Liverpool – a consolation strike in March 2011’s 3-1 defeat at Anfield and then in October that year the livewire forward snatched a more positive, point-saving late equaliser, again away from home.

“When we lost 3-1 it was a strange feeling for me,” he adds. “It was my first season and to score against Liverpool at Anfield was good, but it doesn’t have the same taste when you lose. It was different when I scored in the 1-1 draw because we were losing and we got a point. It’s a brilliant feeling to score in this game.”

More - Ferdinand: Liverpool rivalry runs deep | Nani and Anderson ready to return


ALWAYS A RED: MIKAEL SILVESTRE

Mikael Silvestre played 361 games and scored 10 goals for Manchester United between 1999 and 2008. Here, the versatile French defender reflects on his Old Trafford career...

My transfer: I was away with France Under 21s – we had two games, Ukraine and Albania. I spoke to Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier as well as Sir Alex Ferguson but United had just won the Treble so it was an easy choice for me to make! I was picked up by Sir Alex at the airport and he drove me to my hotel, the Marriott at Worsley, and we had a chat there. I had spoken to him on the phone before but it was easier for me to talk face to face as my English wasn’t so good. Or should I say, my Scottish!

My debut: After talking to both United and Liverpool, I had no idea I’d make my debut at Anfield. I hadn’t looked at the schedule! I came over on Thursday night, signed on Friday morning, trained, and then played early on Saturday. I didn’t have time to think about anything but it was good, even if the Liverpool fans booed me for choosing United. It was a great game, but I don’t remember much apart from the feeling at the end, knowing we’d won [3-2].

Favourite game: It was when I scored two goals against Liverpool at Old Trafford, when Rio Ferdinand came back after his suspension. We won 2-1 and it was the only time I scored a double for United. It wasn’t my best game defensively, even though Liverpool only scored through an own goal by John O’Shea, but I was inspired at the other end that day in terms of attacking at corners. I was in the right place at the right time, twice, and it was a wonderful night for me.

Favourite goal: It was probably my winning goal against Leeds at Old Trafford [in March 2003], that was a really important one. It was towards the end of the game [79th minute] and I managed to get on the end of David Beckham’s free-kick to make the final score 2-1...

More - Read the full interview with Mikael on ManUtd.comVideo: Liverpool 2004/05


JONES ANSWERS THE FANS

Reds defender Phil Jones tackles questions from fans posting on United's official Facebook page...

People describe you as a ‘future United captain’ – how does that sound? - Connor Derbyshire
It sounds great and it’s nice if people think that one day that might happen, but there is a long way to go before I think I can even consider it as a possibility. It would be a massive achievement for me as a footballer to captain Manchester United and it would be a great honour. I’m honest with myself and I know I’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of me in my career to become the player I want to be. So I’ll focus on that for now.

Who’s the best United player you’ve played with – who would you pay to see play? - Andrew Keogh
It has to be Paul Scholes. He’s a joy to watch, even just in training. He is a magnet to the ball in training and in games. He just never gives it away and he can pick out anyone on the field with a pass other players wouldn’t even see. He’s incredible.

We’re top of the league now, so are you confident we can reclaim the title? - Hayden Allen
I hope we can because, like the fans, we really want to win it back. But just because we want to do it and believe we can do it doesn’t mean that we will do it. There's a long way to go. We’re not getting carried away.

More - Podcast: Liverpool preview | December Goal of the Month winner

 

This email was sent by: Manchester United
Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0RA, United Kingdom. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive the Red View newsletter directly in future. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment