Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Evra interview, Zaha reaction, Chicharito and much more.

Friday, January 25, 2013


EVRA REVEALS CUP MESSAGE

Patrice Evra has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson has spelled out his determination to win the FA Cup this season.

The Frenchman would love to get his hands on the famous trophy and could be in line for his first outing in this season's competition when Fulham provide the opposition in the fourth round on Saturday.

"The boss has given a big message this season – he really wants to win the FA Cup," Evra told United Review. "He really wants it and so do we.

"It is the only trophy that I have not won at Manchester United. That seems impossible given that I am now in my seventh year here. The FA Cup means so much and, one day, I hope I will win it. Hopefully this year."

The left-back feels Sir Alex is able to shuffle his pack for the cup competitions and yet still progress, something that was evident considering Evra did not feature himself in the two ties with West Ham.

"Manchester United is the only team that can make 10 changes and still win," he asserted. "You might hear people call it a second team, but it’s not. Everyone is a United player and you trust each one of your team-mates. The manager makes those changes because he trusts that we are going to win. He’s not crazy, he knows exactly what he is doing."

More: Evans and Young out | Boss' respect for Berbatov | Giggs previews Fulham


FANS REACT TO ZAHA DEAL

United supporters have been busy on the Talking Reds messageboard discussing the signing of Wilfried Zaha with the England international set to arrive at the club in July after a move was agreed with Crystal Palace.

General-K: "He's a good, young player with wonderful balance and technique. There's plenty to work with and I pray he gets the opportunity to learn from the best winger to ever wear the Manchester United shirt - Ryan Giggs - for at least a season. I have faith in this acquisition and believe it will be a fruitful future for Mr Zaha at Old Trafford."

thomas21: "I am delighted with this signing. I think he will be a great player for us. He's big, strong and committed with loads of talent. He'll become better with great players around him here."

FtD: "He's a similar transfer to Ashley Young. Hopefully, he'll perform near the same level."

wliucci: "There is a fair bit of technique there and, coupled with a 6ft sprinter's frame, he looks like a beast. Having said that, it's clear he's still a raw talent but I'm sure, with a bit of time, he could be a heck of a player."

Moyesy: "I think it would have been a big ask for a 20-year-old kid to move his life from London to Manchester in a matter of days, get right up to speed with the quality, get the intensity, integrate with the squad and then be expected to make an impact. Getting a full pre-season under his belt will help him no end."

More: Zaha deal agreed | Video of Zaha in action | Zaha delight at move

CHICHARITO IN THE HOT-SEAT

Supporters took to United’s Facebook page to put their questions to Javier Hernandez…

Are you the fastest player at United? - Christian Gore
I don’t know. It’s difficult to say yes. In training players like Nani, Antonio Valencia, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney are all very fast.  I don’t know if I am the fastest but I think I am one of the quickest – maybe I’m in the top five! We need to have a race.

Can you tell the difference between Mancunians  and Scousers – between, say, Welbeck and Rooney? -Jamie O’Neill
Even in the way the two speak, it is very different. I’ve been in England for three years now so it’s easy for me to tell the difference between someone from Manchester and someone from Liverpool. When I first came here, everyone that spoke English sounded exactly the same! But now I know the accents. Mind you, it’s still difficult to understand Wazza sometimes, though!

How did it feel to be named Mexican  Athlete of the Year? - Neema Nabavian
I didn’t know that! If that’s true then I am very happy. In my country in the last couple of years sport has really improved. In the Olympics we got more medals than we are used to winning and we won the gold medal in the football. In boxing we have many good athletes.  I wouldn’t want to leave someone out by naming all the other Mexican athletes  I admire, there are many. Individual honours and prizes are great but without my team-mates or the club I couldn’t do it.

More: Podcast featuring Gary Neville | Video - Berba's back

 

This email was sent by:Manchester United
Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0RA, United Kingdom. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive the Red View newsletter directly in future. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment