Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Exclusive Giggs blog, free young guns video, ask Corry Evans + more

Friday, July 23, 2010

header


TOUR FINALE EXCITES GIGGS

Ryan Giggs blogs exclusively for Red View as United prepare to visit two new venues…

All the lads are looking forward to going to Kansas City and Houston because it’s going to be a new experience for most of us. It’s always exciting to visit new cities – we’re not sure what to expect with either place, although we’ve been told it’ll be hot!

The Kansas game is our third of the tour, so our match fitness will be at a good level and we should be close to reaching our best in terms of performance.

I was told that a Premier League team has never won the All-Star game, so that’s a goal for us. It’ll give us the chance to see first-hand the quality there is in the MLS.

It can be challenging to play a team you’ve never seen before – we won’t know what system they’ll play or how they’ll go about the match until we get onto the pitch.

We know we’ll have to perform if we’re to get the result. It would definitely be nice to become the first English team to beat the All-Stars.

Kansas City Wizards v United, 25 July, kick-off 17:00 local time (23:00 UK)
MLS All-Stars v United, 28 July, kick-off 19:30 local time (01:30 UK)

MoreFitness insight | Phelan pleasedHappy for Gabby | Philly Union gallery


ASK CORRY, WIN A SHIRT

Young defender Corry Evans will sit down to answer fans' questions when United arrive in Kansas City this weekend.

The younger brother of established first-teamer Jonny, Corry was given his first taste of senior action in the Reds' 1-0 win over Philadelphia Union on Wednesday.

Now he's preparing to be thrust into the spotlight again when he takes questions from ManUtd.com readers.

Submit your question at www.manutd.com/competitions and you'll go into a draw to win a new home shirt, signed by the 19-year-old.

Speaking after the match in Philadelphia, Evans said he was delighted to be given a chance to impress.

"It was a great experience," he said. "I’ve already learnt so much from being on tour. The way the likes of Scholesy and Giggsy handle themselves on and off the pitch is fantastic and a great example for us. They’re players you can learn a lot from and I’ve enjoyed every minute so far.

“The tempo in training is always at the highest possible level and the lads always want to win. You see that out on the pitch as well and to be here is just fantastic.

"It’s been a great few months for me and I want it to keep going. I hope I can build on what I’ve achieved so far and have another successful season."


YOUNG GUNS CAUSE A STIR

Several of United’s promising youngsters have caught the eye on tour – and they’re desperate for more senior action in the coming season…

Danny Welbeck
"I’m really pleased with how the tour has gone for me so far and I’m happy with my performances. I’ve got to keep going and continue to get my fitness up.

"It’s always good to be away with a few of the older lads because you pick up so much from them every day. You see how they prepare for games, how they rest and train.

"My main aim this season is to be part of the first team set-up, but I’m happy to go on loan if the manager wants me to. I just want to keep playing games and improving.

"I feel like I’ve improved a lot over the last couple of years. I’ve learnt so much during that time, particularly the importance of mental strength on and off the pitch. I just want to keep improving and striving to show everyone what I can do."

Tom Cleverley
"Playing for United and alongside someone like Scholesy is what every young lad dreams of. He’s a great mentor for me – someone I can learn a lot from.

“The likes of Scholesy and Giggsy always have a picture in their heads about what they want to do with the ball and their first-time passing is second to none.

"Last year was a big season for me and I hope this one will be even bigger. This year I have to prove myself in the Premier League. That’s the challenge for me."

This email has been sent to you by ManUtd.com, Manchester United FC, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA, England. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive Red View directly from next week. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy . Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment