Automotive

Hair Styles

Hollywood

Love Life Style

Red View: Nani hails Chicharito, Corry Evans interview + more

Friday, July 30, 2010

header


NANI WELCOMES NEW BOY

United winger Nani has joined the chorus of praise for Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez, after making way for the Mexican's first Reds appearance.

The Portuguese star, capable of scoring crackers himself, looked on in admiration as the sub who replaced him netted the team's fabulous fifth goal against MLS All-Stars in Houston.

Nani told Red View, "Chicharito is a fantastic player and he did very well in his first game for United. He scored a beautiful goal and I hope it's the first of many to come. I think he has the potential to be a really great player at this club."

The 5-2 win ensured a successful end to the pre-season tour of North America, prior to the Reds' one-off match in Mexico against Chicharito's former club Chivas. Nani certainly rated the Houston performance, on both an individual and team basis.

"It was a great game for us. We played some nice football and showed our quality and scored a few goals. I'm so happy to be part of a team performance like this one because we did very well. We will continue to work hard every day to keep improving.

"Personally I feel good. It was my second pre-season match and I enjoyed it. I know I still have a lot of hard work to do, but I'm happy with how my fitness is progressing."

More: Chicharito mania in Mexico

Download MLS All Stars 2-5 United match wallpaper


EVANS TACKLES YOUR QUESTIONS

Last week, we asked you to suggest questions for young United defender Corry Evans. Here's a selection of his answers...

You made your first senior appearance for United in Philadelphia. How was it for you? - Heather Jackson
It was really exciting and pleasing to get on the pitch, especially in such a good atmosphere. I was determined to put in a good performance to put me in the frame for future matches. Playing for United’s first team is something I’ve dreamed of since I was a kid. I’ve supported the club all my life so the opportunity to get on and play was a special and proud moment for myself and my family.

For the benefit of fans who’ve not seen you in the reserves, what sort of a player are you? What are your strengths? - Nicholas Gerver
I think my strengths are probably my reading of the game and my positional sense. Over the past year or so I’ve been playing as a centre-back but I’m really a midfielder, so naturally I get compared to defensive midfielders. I suppose that does suit the style in which I play. But I also love to get forward, get in the box and score goals.

How big a rivalry exists between you and your brother, Jonny? - Jamie Devlin
No rivalry at all really. We’re different players - he’s tall, I’m smaller and we’ve got our own attributes. We just give each other encouragement and feedback on how we’ve played, both positive and, if needed, negative. I wouldn’t say I watch Jonny in particular when I go to United games – I think our dad does that more, whereas I want to watch and learn from all the players, some of the best players in the world.

More: Read the full interview on ManUtd.com

Red View video - Spanish speakers

This email has been sent to you by ManUtd.com, Manchester United FC, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA, England. This email is designed to be viewed in HTML email clients - if you cannot see the images above, please open an HTML-compatible email account and then register the new address with ManUtd.com. If this email has been forwarded to you by a friend, please register with ManUtd.com to receive Red View directly from next week. The articles and images in this newsletter do not necessarily represent the views of Manchester United FC. If you do not wish to receive this email please send a blank email from your subscription address to unsubscribe@manutd.co.uk. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Policy . Please DO NOT reply to this email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment